Write Like a Grrrl Liverpool
Always wanted to write? Then stop dreaming and become your dream. Revolutionise your writing. Tackle self-doubt. Gain strength and a sense of community.
Book now for Ignite, a one-day intensive Write Like a Grrrl creative writing course in Liverpool city centre.
Through Ignite, you’ll learn how to push through doubt, reduce fear of the blank page, become disciplined in your practice and enjoy writing so much more. You’ll also become skilled in characterisation, dialogue, creating dynamic settings and other essential writing techniques.
If you haven’t written creatively before but always wanted to, or if you haven’t written for some time and want to kick-start your practice, then this low-cost, intensive course is for you.
Session dates: Saturday 2 February 2019.
Times: 10.30am – 5pm
Venue: Big Love Sista Studio in Liverpool city centre (full address to be provided on booking)
Cost: £49.99. You can also reserve your place with a deposit of £24.99 and pay the final balance in a second installment by Friday 25th January 2019.
Write like a Grrrl welcomes self-identifying women of all ages, backgrounds and ability levels.
We have small number of subsidised places available, allocated to making the course more accessible to women on a low income. If you are interested in being considered for one of these please get in touch.
What Students Say
Feedback from other Write Like a Grrrl workshops:
- ☆ “I have honestly never been in a better learning environment. Write Like a Grrrl is amazing.”
- ☆ “The course has massively increased my confidence in my writing.”
- ☆”I came away from the course, not only with pages of notes, but with the beginnings of several new pieces of writing and a confidence in my ability as a writer I lost a long time ago. Write Like a Grrrl was such a rewarding experience. It helped me recover my writing mojo, and has given me a new confidence and bags of motivation.”
- ☆Jane was incredible – so knowledgeable and full of great tips and reading suggestions, but also a great facilitator – she was brilliant at reading the room, actively listening and providing space when needed.”
- ☆ “Thank you for helping me so much towards getting writing. This is such a great resource for girls and women to have open to them. Just what I had had been looking for.”
- ☆ “Jane made me feel comfortable and confident in my abilities. Very informative, supportive and fun.”
- ☆ “Jane created a great, relaxed, safe environment for creativity and exploration.”
- ☆ “Jane is fabulous. She’s been professional yet approachable, encouraging yet sincere. Her feedback really motivated me.”
- ☆ “I couldn’t imagine anyone more suited to giving this course. Jane is such an inspiration. She is generous with her advice and support, never condescending despite her talent and so approachable!”
- ☆ “The course helped me to grow in confidence and has inspired me. It helped to be in a varied group, and to feel that I was supported.”
- ☆ “A really productive, unthreatening and inspirational environment.”
- ☆ “It has been incredibly helpful working in this women-only environment to explore my ideas.”
- ☆ “A really excellent course that sets you up with a professional attitude, makes writing less daunting and more enjoyable.”
- ☆ “Excellent: encouraging, positive and motivating. The course has demystified writing for me.”
- ☆ “The course really lifted my spirits; the things I’ve learned have been fantastic.”
Attendees of other series of Write Like a Grrrl have also described the sessions as: “perfectly pitched, informative, inclusive, and empowering,” “informal and supportive,” “friendly and collaborative,” “fantastic” and “a good mixture of practical exercises and useful advice.”
About Jane Bradley
Jane is the founder and director of For Books’ Sake. She has a degree in Creative Writing and has delivered Write Like a Grrrl workshops across the North West, as well as other sessions for universities, organisations including RECLAIM, Proud Trust, the LGBT Foundation and numerous arts and literature festivals. Her writing has been published by Pankhearst, Dog Horn, Crocus Books, Hic Dragones and more. She has performed at Contact Theatre, Royal Exchange, Edinburgh Fringe and other live lit events, and has been longlisted for the Lucy Cavendish Fiction Prize and a Young Enigma Award.
Book Your Place
Book your place below: payment is via Paypal to keep your details safe and secure, and you don’t even need a Paypal account to make your payment.
You can pay the full balance in one transaction, or reserve your place with a deposit of just £24.99. If using this option, the remaining balance must be paid by 25th January 2018.
Course bookings are non-refundable, however if you are unable to attend, we may be able to transfer names or offer you a place on a future course, subject to availability.
Got a question? Get in touch.
Otherwise, we can’t wait to see you soon and get you writing like a grrrl!
About Write Like a Grrrl
Write like a Grrrl was founded in 2013 by Kerry Ryan. Since Write like a Grrrl began its collaboration with For Books’ Sake in 2014, over 500 women across the country have graduated from our courses. For more information on the history of Write like a Grrrl, see: www.writelikeagrrrl.com