Always wanted to write? Then stop dreaming and become your dream. Revolutionise your writing. Tackle self-doubt. Gain strength and a sense of community.
Book now for Ignite, an intensive one-day Write Like a Grrrl creative writing course in Leeds city centre.
Through Ignite, you’ll learn how to push through doubt, reduce fear of the blank page, become disciplined in your practice and enjoy writing so much more. You’ll also become skilled in characterisation, dialogue, creating dynamic settings and other essential fiction writing techniques.
If you haven’t written creatively before but always wanted to, or if you haven’t written for some time and want to kick-start your practice, then this low-cost, intensive course is for you.
Session dates: Saturday 30th June 2018
Venue: Fabrication 2, 6 Edward Street, Leeds LS2 7NT
Write like a Grrrl welcomes self-identifying women and non-binary writers of all ages and backgrounds.
We have a small number of subsidised places available to those facing financial barriers to attending. Please email us if you think you may be eligible.
Feedback from Write Like a Grrrl Manchester:
- ☆ “I have honestly never been in a better learning environment. Write Like a Grrrl is amazing.”
- ☆ “The course has massively increased my confidence in my writing.”
- ☆”I came away from the course, not only with pages of notes, but with the beginnings of several new pieces of writing and a confidence in my ability as a writer I lost a long time ago. Write Like a Grrrl was such a rewarding experience. It helped me recover my writing mojo, and has given me a new confidence and bags of motivation.”
- ☆ “Thank you for helping me so much towards getting writing. This is such a great resource for girls and women to have open to them. Just what I had had been looking for.”
- ☆ “Jane made me feel comfortable and confident in my abilities. Very informative, supportive and fun.”
- ☆ “Jane created a great, relaxed, safe environment for creativity and exploration.”
- ☆ “The course helped me to grow in confidence and has inspired me. It helped to be in a varied group, and to feel that I was supported.”
- ☆ “A really productive, unthreatening and inspirational environment.”
- ☆ “A safe space to explore writing, suitable for any level. Delivered excellently and thoroughly enjoyable.”
- ☆ “I can now look at writing in a completely different way, and feel it is something I can do. It’s a great way of unlocking your potential.”
Attendees of other series of Write Like a Grrrl have also described the sessions as: “perfectly pitched, informative, inclusive, and empowering,” “informal and supportive,” “friendly and collaborative,” “fantastic” and “a good mixture of practical exercises and useful advice.”
Jane Bradley is the founder and director of For Books’ Sake. She has a degree in Creative Writing and has delivered For Books’ Sake workshops at arts and literature festivals, universities and other organisations across the UK, for a range of age groups and audiences. She has been longlisted for the Lucy Cavendish Fiction Prize, and a Young Enigma Award, and has been published in various lit journals and anthologies. Her first play, The Curse, debuted in 2016 and was supported by Arts Council England.
Payment is via Paypal to keep your details secure, although you don’t need a Paypal account to complete your payment.
You can pay the full amount in one transaction, or reserve your place with a deposit of just £19.99. If using the deposit option, we’ll need you to pay the balance by Saturday 16th June 2018.
If you have any problems or questions about payment, or the course in general, please drop us a line.
Otherwise, please use the Paypal buttons below, and we’ll look forward to seeing you very soon!