Write Like a Grrrl Manchester
Always wanted to write? Then stop dreaming and become your dream. Revolutionise your writing. Tackle self-doubt. Gain strength and a sense of community.
Book now for Ignite, a six-week Write Like a Grrrl creative writing course in Manchester city centre.
Through Ignite, you’ll learn how to push through doubt, reduce fear of the blank page, become disciplined in your practice and enjoy writing so much more. You’ll also become skilled in characterisation, dialogue, creating dynamic settings and other essential writing techniques.
If you haven’t written creatively before but always wanted to, or if you haven’t written for some time and want to kick-start your practice, then this low-cost, intensive course is for you.
Session dates: Tuesdays 16th, 23rd and 30th October and 6th, 13th, 20th November 2018
Venue: Upstairs at The Castle, 66 Oldham St, Manchester M4 1LE.
Cost: £89.99 (Less than £15 per session!). You can also reserve your place with a deposit of £39.99 and pay the balance in a final installment in October 2018.
Write like a Grrrl welcomes self-identifying women and non-binary writers of all ages and backgrounds.
What Students Say...
Feedback from Write Like a Grrrl Manchester:
- ☆ “I have honestly never been in a better learning environment. Write Like a Grrrl is amazing.”
- ☆ “The course has massively increased my confidence in my writing.”
- ☆”I came away from the course, not only with pages of notes, but with the beginnings of several new pieces of writing and a confidence in my ability as a writer I lost a long time ago. Write Like a Grrrl was such a rewarding experience. It helped me recover my writing mojo, and has given me a new confidence and bags of motivation.”
- ☆Jane was incredible – so knowledgeable and full of great tips and reading suggestions, but also a great facilitator – she was brilliant at reading the room, actively listening and providing space when needed.”
- ☆ “Thank you for helping me so much towards getting writing. This is such a great resource for girls and women to have open to them. Just what I had had been looking for.”
- ☆ “Jane made me feel comfortable and confident in my abilities. Very informative, supportive and fun.”
- ☆ “Jane created a great, relaxed, safe environment for creativity and exploration.”
- ☆ “Jane is fabulous. She’s been professional yet approachable, encouraging yet sincere. Her feedback really motivated me.”
- ☆ “I couldn’t imagine anyone more suited to giving this course. Jane is such an inspiration. She is generous with her advice and support, never condescending despite her talent and so approachable!”
- ☆ “The course helped me to grow in confidence and has inspired me. It helped to be in a varied group, and to feel that I was supported.”
- ☆ “A really productive, unthreatening and inspirational environment.”
- ☆ “It has been incredibly helpful working in this women-only environment to explore my ideas.”
- ☆ “A really excellent course that sets you up with a professional attitude, makes writing less daunting and more enjoyable.”
- ☆ “Excellent: encouraging, positive and motivating. The course has demystified writing for me.”
- ☆ “The course really lifted my spirits; the things I’ve learned have been fantastic.”
Attendees of other series of Write Like a Grrrl have also described the sessions as: “perfectly pitched, informative, inclusive, and empowering,” “informal and supportive,” “friendly and collaborative,” “fantastic” and “a good mixture of practical exercises and useful advice.”
About Jane Bradley
Jane is the founder and director of For Books’ Sake. She has a degree in Creative Writing and has delivered For Books’ Sake workshops at arts and literature festivals, universities and other organisations across the UK, for a range of age groups and audiences. Her writing has been published by Pankhearst, Dog Horn, Papercut Press, Time Out and more. She has performed at Contact Theatre, Royal Exchange, Edinburgh Fringe and other live lit events, and has been longlisted for the Lucy Cavendish Fiction Prize and a Young Enigma Award.
Book Your Place
Payment is via Paypal to keep your details secure, although you don’t need a Paypal account to complete your payment. You can pay the full amount in one transaction, or reserve your place with a deposit of just £39.99. If using the deposit option, we’ll need you to pay the balance by 2nd October 2018. If you have any problems or questions about payment, or the course in general, please drop us a line. Otherwise, please use the Paypal buttons below, and we’ll look forward to seeing you very soon!
Course bookings are non-refundable, however if you are unable to attend, we may be able to transfer names or offer you a place on a future course, subject to availability.
We have a small number of subsidised places available to those facing financial barriers to attending. Please email us if you think you may be eligible.
About Write Like a Grrrl
Write like a Grrrl was founded in 2013 by Kerry Ryan. Since Write like a Grrrl began its collaboration with For Books’ Sake in 2014, over 300 women across the country have graduated from our courses. For more information on the history of Write like a Grrrl, see: www.writelikeagrrrl.com