We survived the apocalypse, but if you’re anything like us this week, you still want to escape. So this episode, Paul and Jane are sharing their recommended reads for when you just need to get away from it all, including…
- The Mists of Avalon by Marion Zimmer Bradley
- Pussy, King of the Pirates by Kathy Acker
- The Historian by Elizabeth Kostova
- The Panopticon by Jenni Fagan
- The Lemon Grove by Helen Walsh
Upcoming events mentioned in tonight’s episode that you won’t want to miss:
- That’s What She Said, taking place next Wednesday 31st May at The Book Club in London, featuring Leone Ross and other incredible women writers.
- The launch of The Night Brother by Rosie Garland, featured in our January episode of our most anticipated books of 2017. Also taking place on Wednesday 31st May at Waterstones Deansgate in Manchester
- Our 11-day residency at Edinburgh Fringe in August 2017! We’ll be hosting a free, daily-changing showcase of poetry, performance, slam and storytelling by the best and boldest women writers around, so stay tuned for more details, including our fantastic confirmed headliners!
Don’t forget you can always share your favourite books by women with us via Twitter, Facebook or Instagram. And if you’ve been enjoying the podcast, please don’t forget to rate, review and subscribe in your favourite podcast app – it really helps us climbs those rankings and reach others just like you!
Stay safe out there, and thanks for listening.