#104: Women in Horror // Amy Burns
22nd Feb 2017
It’s still Women in Horror Month for the next few days, so in this episode Jane Bradley and Paul Forster start by discussing the books that have them sleeping with the lights on, including…
- Rebecca, The Birds and Don’t Look Now by Daphne duMaurier
- The Little Stranger by Sarah Waters
- Breeding Ground by Sarah Pinborough
- There Once Lived a Woman Who Tried to Kill Her Neighbour’s Baby by Ludmilla Petrushevskaya
- The Woman in Black and Mrs De Winter by Susan Hill
- White is for Witching by Helen Oyeyemi
- The Haunting of Hill House by Shirley Jackson
In A Room of One’s Own, Rebecca Smith chats to novelist Amy Burns, author of Leaving is My Color.
If you’re listening to this on release date, come on down tonight for the 2nd birthday of our spoken word night, That’s What She Said. Otherwise, check out the website or our social channels for details of the other exciting events we’ve got coming up.
Before we go: it’s the last few days to submit to our ghosts anthology! Submissions close this weekend, February 26th. Send us your short stories now.